Thursday, July 9, 2009

In All Things God Works for the Good


Many times I have had the experience of chatting with my hair stylist and dentist about what I do only to encounter the response: “Honduras? I’ve never heard of that country before. Where is it located?”

When Rey and I first learned of the alleged coup d’état in Honduras, my dad quoted the verse to me: “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose” (Romans 8:28). I was skeptical. Really Dad, good can come out of a coup d’ état in Honduras, in a region where such military takeovers have been connected with violent oppression, civil wars, and mass disappearances? How could God possibility use the corruption on both sides of the “democratic process” in Honduras to bring forth good?

Well, two weeks, “stuck in the United States,” have brought about very fruitful meetings and times of organizing for Project Transformation, and opportunities to meet with key players in the development process.

And, two weeks later, Honduras is on the minds and hearts of all America…perhaps even the world. What prayer support will grow out of this crisis for Honduras and its people? What new resources will be inspired by this great media attention, brought about by a tragic circumstance?

God can truly work good out of bad circumstances.

No comments: